It is true. It all started Saturday when I was contracting and just feeling crappy all day long. I tried to deal with it and went to bed that night and I was up half of the night in so much pain. In the morning I sent TJ and the kids to church and stayed home to rest since I had had no sleep but I still was in pain and it was getting worse. I finally sucked it up and called my friends at the hospital and they told me I should come in to be checked out. I started bawling because I was so nervous, worn out, uncomfortable and I seriously couldn't tell what the heck was going on with my body. So 2 hours before we were supposed to be at TJ's mom and dad's for TJ's birthday dinner we headed to Labor and Delivery. I felt so bad because TJ was missing his birthday dinner his mom had made for him and I was such an emotional wreck from it all but he kept telling me it was fine and he was getting to watch the super bowl with little distractions from kids. It ended up I had KIDNEY STONES and it was making me CONTRACT every two minutes. It was miserable. I am just finally feeling better but I seriously have had the last 4 days from hell! I have been in so much pain and I felt horrible not being able to take care of my kids. It really has sucked!
On a happy note... It was TJ'S BIRTHDAY on Monday. As you can all guess it wasn't that exciting since I was dealing with my kidney stones but we did manage to go see a movie and then get a fast dinner before I crashed again. He got a new blackberry so he can use the Internet and email from it (I hope I don't regret this) whenever he needs to for clients. And the kids picked him out some sweet Nerf guns to play with at home together. Happy Birthday TJ! He's the big 26!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Hospital / TJ's Birthday
Posted by
The Buckley's
at
4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Oh you poor thing! I hope that you start feeling better soon. You know aunty Missy would be there feeding you broth and doing crafts with your kids if I could. Love ya lots! Oh and tell the buckley of by choice that his card will be in the mail shortly.
Hey I am glad that you are feeling better, I cant imagine going through that especially when you are so prego. I called you but if you want me to take your kids sat. morning and do something fun with them I would be happy to. I can also take them them tomorrow night after 6. Let me know and seriously if you need help cleaning or anything let me know.
holy crap kimmy! kidney stone on TOP of being pregnant! i seriously can't imagine! i'm glad you finally went in and got everything checked out!!!
happy birthday t.j.!
I hope you are feeling better now. Aren't you glad to have friends in Labor & Delivery? It sure makes it a lot easier to deal doesn't it?
Happy Birthday T.J. your a good husband to take your wife to the hospital instead of sending her by herself to have your birthday dinner with out her.
Happy birthday to TJ! And hope you are feeling better. That sounds miserable.
I'm glad you are doing better Kimmy. We were all worried for you. Thanks for letting us play with the kids!
That is totally unfair to have kidney stones when you're pregnant. I hope you are feeling better!! Happy B.D. to TJ!!
How awful! I'm so sorry for you! That's the bad thing about working in L+D-- you don't want to come in + be told it's nothing + look like a wimp-- but that's horrible to suffer that long. Glad you're feeling better. Oh, and HB to your hubby :)
I feel so bad for you Kimmy!! I am having a hard time just being pregnant...I guess I shouldn't complain so much! Let me know if you need help with your kids, Makae and Elle would love to have them over!
Happy birthday TJ! Good job taking such good care of kimmy!!
Welcome to the "stoners club!" :)
I am so so so sorry! I totally know what that feels like! Worst pain ever! Hopefully you don't have any more lurking in there.
I got kidney stones once when I was in Washington D.C. on a family vacation...Let's just say I was in so much pain-I laid down on the dirty D.C. sidewalk while waiting for my dad to bring the rental car around to the front of the hotel to take me to the hospital. And I also screamed at the hospital man taking my blood pressure to "hurry and give me some drugs...can't you see I am in PAIN?!?" I am so sorry to hear that you have had the experience as well. I was going through some old pictures last night-I found some CUTE ones of Lauren that I have doubles of (probably meant to do this a long time ago)-what is your address so I can send them to you? You can email the address here:
anniewickman4@gmail.com
Get feeling better!
Love, Annie (Felt) Wickman
OH Kimmy that is awful! When I worked in the pharmacy I heard countless stories of how painful those are, and then to be pregnant and have 2 kids on top of it all, you poor thing, I am so glad you are finally getting better!
Oh and Happy Bday TJ!
I am so sorry. Remember when I told you I had them after Spencer was born. I was in the hospital for 9 days. It was awful and I lost all of my milk. It was worse than labor or at least as bad. Mine were as big of a quarter though and they had to do two different surgeries. Anyhow...I feel for you. I hope you feel better now!
I am so glad that you are okay. My neighbor got kidney stones while she was pregnant! Glad that you are feeling better. Good thing you finally gave in and went to the hospital!
Happy Birthday to TJ. As for the Blackberry...in my life there are positives and negatives to Garrett having one! Good luck! :)
I feel so bad for you! I'm glad you are feeling better! I would be freaking out if that happened to me! Cute picture of your boys!
Oh my gosh Kimmy I am SO SORRY!!! My husband has had kidney stones and said it was the worst thing ever .... your family is so cute though!! I want to see a pic of your belly :)
Bummer, how are you feeling now? Happy Birthday to TJ as well!
Post a Comment