Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Valentines

We had a really good Valentines Day this year. We didn't do anything really fabulous but it was so fun to just be home with the family and do fun things together. The kids and I made Valentine cookies for us to give to the grandparents. They love making cookies with me and they always turn out really cute. The top picture are the ones that they decorated.


TJ and I kept our gifts nice and simple this year. All he wanted was his favorite chocolate muffins from costco. Here's his basket with his muffins, card, and coupon book.

TJ was so cute. He had remembered me showing him a picture in a magazine of some roses in a vase like this that I thought was so cute. So he went took the time to do it for me.



This is what the kids and I did for him. We wrote down all the reasons why we love him and heart attacked his side of the bathroom before he woke up. The kids loved coming up with reasons of why and I think they turned out so cute and FUNNY!




The kids thought it was so great that they got gifts for Valentines. For one of the gifts we gave them a bubble machine. They absolutely LOVED it! We took it right down stairs to the unfinished basement and turned it on for them while they jumped on the tramp. It was really fun.


For dinner we got a Papa Murphey's heart shaped pizza and bread sticks. The kids thought it was great. Then TJ set up the projector in our room again to watch a movie with the kids.


This was the other thing TJ did for me. I really wanted some chocolate covered strawberries but when he went to get them they were all out. So he went to the store and got bakers chocolate and strawberries and we made them at home with the kids. They were super yummy ! Thanks babe!
We had such a good Valentines. I think it was one of my favorites. I love you TJ, Lauryn, and Braxton!









9 comments:

Jani said...

that is the cutest valentines day. Your kids look like they are lovin life. You are brave for doing the coupon book.

The Airharts said...

Wow, it all turned out so cute! I LOVE the flower idea-nice job! Thanks for the update-you know we all love them!

Anonymous said...

oh so sweet! looks like you guys had fun!

Annie said...

How fun! I love Valentines day and it looks like you guys had a good one. Makae and Elle got bubble machines too. Aren't they the best? I love simple things like that to entertain my kids for hours!!

Mackay Family said...

Fun Valentine's Day! Love your roses! That is such a cute idea!

Kim Ward said...

YOu had great ideas. I'm thinking I need to try harder next year. I liked the heart attack and the strawberries that sounds super yummy!

Camey said...

You always do fun cute things of course! Did you scrapbook the card and coupon book? Oh and you still need to tell me about your program for your pictures. I really want it and hate to guess if know someone who has one.
Thanks!

Kendal and Kendra said...

That was so funny to read- we did almost all the same things for Valentine's! We heart attacked Kendal! Had a fondue night, and Kendal got me some sweet flowers. Looks like you had a blast! We still need to get together for lunch!

Jer + Lu said...

What fun ideas! I LOVE the vase. Chocolate strawberries are a MUST this time of year!