Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


We had a really good Thanksgiving this year. We were able to have an early Thanksgiving with the Buckley's and then we went with my family on Thanksgiving day. I didn't get any pictures on my camera of my mom's family but I will get some to post later.



After dinner we made gingerbread houses to donate to the festival of tree's. I have never made gingerbread houses before and I loved it. We had a lot of fun doing this.



We let the little kids make small ones to take to the hospital to all the little kids there. Lauryn absolutely LOVED it and wanted to keep making them all night. She did such a good job with hers.

Braxton liked it too. He was so cute while he was doing it because he really concentrated on getting the candies to stick to the frosting. I can't believe he actually did it and didn't just eat all the candy.



Here are their final products. Thanks for the fun activity Grandma B.

12 comments:

Mackay Family said...

What a fun idea! Your gingerbread houses turned out so cute!

mom said...

Cute pictures! Gramma B. is ambicious! Looks like she planned a fun party for you. I love it that Lauryn and Braxton have cousins to do stuff like this with.
By the way, tell Kirstin that she looks great! It took me a minute to figure out who she was in the photo!

laura said...

i love the gingerbread house tradition. i'm going to have to try to get my family to do that!

oh, and i got my couch at furniture warehouse :)

R and K said...

I can't believe you never decorated a gingerbread house! But it sure turned out great for your first time.

R and K said...

Oh, P.S., my nurse was Corlene (I think that was her name?) She has this great blond 80s hair. She was nice. Wish you would have been there! :) Although maybe we wouldn't still be friends...just kidding.

The Airharts said...

I never commented on your post. I think I was too blowen away that that was kirsten, anyway, I love your gingerbread house! It turned out great! Ps-your kids are stinkin cute. PSS-so you miss me yet

Jared and Laura said...

How fun, what a good idea. You have such a cute little family!

Kendal and Kendra said...

You take the best pictures! You are one fabulous mom! I didn't even get my camera out on Thanksgiving- great mom huh?!

Jami and Family said...

Looks like so much fun! You are way better than me at taking pictures, I always forget!

Annie said...

Oh, I love gingerbread houses! We also do that every year before Christmas and the kids love it! I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!!
We need to get together and go baby shopping! Did you hear what we are having?

Andria said...

That's such a good idea to donate those! Good for you guys!

Jason+Lindi said...

OH, congrats on the Girl, that is great! Do you guys have a name yet?