Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fathers Day

We had a great Fathers Day this year. I told everyone I would post pictures of the treats I made so here they are. The bun is a cupcake, then frosting for lettuce, mustard, and ketchup. Then a brownie for the meat. And the fries are sugar cookies. I even added some fry sauce to dip them in. I had so much fun making these. My little sisters were at my house so they helped me cut out the trays and tissue paper and things. I saw this on bakerella.blogspot.com and decided I had to do it. All the fathers that I made them for LOVED them!

We started out the day by opening TJ's presents but he wouldn't let me take any pictures of him because his hair wasn't done and he didn't have a shirt on. We got him some things for his office, some new clothes to wear to work, and a charging station. He really liked all of them.


We then headed off to church and then up to my mom's house to see papa. Here's TJ at my mom's house opening his present from them. He got these things called the perfect push up and he loves them. He's already tried them out and said they work good so thank you mom and John.


This is my step dad John. We all went in on a basketball hoop for him. He loves basketball and we thought he finally deserved to have a hoop at his house that we could all play together on. He was pretty surprised when he opened it.



My sister Missy who lives in North Carolina sent him a mouse pad with their pictures on it. I had to take a picture of him with it for her. It was super cute and he was really excited to have it. (Please excuse Jani in the background! ha ha)


We just spent the afternoon at my mom's hanging out and playing the wii. Braxton found a lady bug there and was playing with it. He was so cute with it.
John was so cute. I gave him his treat and he wouldn't touch it until he got a picture with it.


While everyone was hanging out I took Braxton, Alayna, and my nephew Lincoln outside to play for a bit. I was able to snap a few cute pictures of them.
Lincoln
Braxton
Alayna

Next we were off to The Buckley's. We had a good BBQ and played a game of volleyball and then did presents. This is when I gave all of the dad's their treats. They thought they were pretty great!

Bruce & Gaylen
TJ & BraxtonEaston & Trevor
Easton was LOVING the hamburger
It was a really good day and I am so lucky to have all of these fathers in my life. I have the greatest Grandpas for my kids and fathers to TJ and I. They really are the BEST!
TJ is the best father that I could have ever asked for. I am SO lucky to have him in my life and our kids just love him to death!!!!!!! Thank you so much for all that you do Teedge. You're the greatest!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Christina (Cha) said...

Those are so cute. What a cute idea. Did you know I see your mom and John all the time now. Our sisters are on the same team and it's just like the old days. Love ya.

The Airharts said...

I love them!!! Thanks for taking a picture of john with our Fathers day gift! Thanks so nice of you. Ps-I love your side bar pictures-they look so cute! I also am in love with your blog background. PSS-Why do you hate me?

Mackay Family said...

That is seriously the cutest idea I have ever seen! You guys had a fun and busy Father's Day!

The Richards Family said...

You are so talented. I want to steal your idea for Cam's first B day. We are having a BBQ!

Casey and Diana said...

What a fun day! And those treats looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

how freakin' cute are you! those are amazing! they look like actual hamburgers and fries! such a cute idea! love it!

The Airharts said...

STILL WAITING ON MY BURGER PIE!!!! EH BUCKLEY YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR 14 AGAIN...BETTER GET THAT GOAT BACK!