Tuesday, August 26, 2008

*First Day of School*

It was Lauryn's first day of school today. She is in pm kindergarten and she has be sooooo excited to go. She has been excited mostly for the bus rides. I can't believe she is that old and it kind of freaks me out that I have a kid old enough for elementary school! She did so good getting on the bus and had the biggest grin on her face as it pulled away. I met her at her school to get some pictures in her classroom and she was starting to get a little nervous. She was doing good though and her teacher is just about the sweetest thing EVER so I know she'll do great.




This was her homework assignment her teacher gave us at her assessment. We had to decorate it to look like her with colored paper, ribbon, glitter, etc. She had a blast doing it and was so excited to show her teacher.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is so stinkin' cute! I would be freaked to have her ride the bus! You are stronger than I am! :) Can you belive our girls are old enough to be in kindergarten, crazy!

Carrie said...

So how did she do with finding her bus for the ride home? That would be my worry if I were in her shoes...I always worry about little things like that!

She looks happy to be in school, now you can run errands with one child instead of two! Fun!

Casey and Diana said...

oh how cute! She's so independent! I love that she does a stinkin cute pose for all the pictures. I bet it's so bitter sweet that she's in school now! Congrats on your first day of school Lauren!! That's good her teacher is nice. That'll make all the difference.

The Airharts said...

Oh boy-how fun. Tell Lauryn that her homework girl looks just like her. Also tht picture of her in her class room-the girl in the brown shirt looks so mad about being there. Ha Ha. Love all the posts.

Annie said...

Oh, I still can't believe it!! Lauren looks so grown up and cute! I love it that for the rest of our lives we will be able to experiance all of the "firsts" together with Lauren and Makae. As soon as Makae went into school, I was like...I have to talk to Kimmy, she will understand!!

Leigh and Craig said...

Your family is the cutest ever! I just wanna squeeze your kids! Lauryn is so big now! I remember when she was born. Aaaahhh, memories!

Our3Boys said...

So Cute!! I know what you mean about having kids in school. Kell just started 8th grade. I bawled all morning!

{Rollins Family} said...

what a little cutie, i love the pics from the school carnival too.
i can just tell by the pictues that she has the cutest personality!
*i'm glad she loves the bus, my little niece was so afraid that doors were going to close on her, it took her mom a good couple weeks to get her ready to try :)

Rachelle said...

OH wow she just looks so excited! How fun, but sad too...I am almost positive after Bevyn leaves for her first day of kindergarten that I will burst into tears (But i;ll be strong until she cant see me, then i'll cry! ha ha) Well, she is a major cutie and will do so great!

John and Erin said...

Your kids are so adorable. You can just see their cute personalities in the pictures... I love it. I love all the fun things you guys do together. Such a cute family.

Kendal and Kendra said...

She is so cute! I can't believe you have a kid in school! scary! You are such a good mom to get so many pictures!

Dan and Kira said...

I can't believe she is old enough to go to school, WOW!