We had our first broken bone of the family. SAD!!!!!! So the story goes like this...Alayna LOVES to climb up on our kitchen stools so we always have to have them up on top of the counter now so she cant hurt herself. Well, it was Saturday and we were just getting ready to carve our pumpkins and we left the stools down after breakfast. I turned around to grab a marker to draw on the pumpkins and just as I was turning back around I saw Alayna falling from the first little step on the stool. She landed right on her arm and just started screaming. I instantly knew something was wrong by the way her arm was just hanging there. I thought she had dislocated her shoulder. So we got ready and headed to the urgent care and waited for an hour there. She ended up falling asleep while we were waiting and when she woke up she was totally fine and she was finally moving her shoulder so I got my co-pay back and left to watch her a little bit more to make sure something was wrong (we don't have the best insurance right now so I was worried about the cost of everything). Well she was totally fine with her shoulder but something was still hurting her so TJ took her back on Sunday and got x-rays done. They doctor didn't see anything and sent him back home saying that it was just fine but they would have the radiologist look at it on Monday. Well we woke up on Monday to a super swollen elbow and she was not using her arm at all the whole weekend. So I called them to make sure they had the radiologist look at it because I was SURE something was wrong. Sure enough they called me back at about 10:00 to tell me the radiologist found a fracture in her elbow and we needed to get back to get a sling on until she could get in at primary's to get a cast on. I was so happy they found what was wrong because she was so grumpy and not herself.
Here she is waiting to get her sling on. She loved this table and sat here to read books.This is when we got back to the room. She instantly got nervous and started breathing heavy. She was ready to cry at anything! It was so sad. (don't mind the double chin)
This is just the first step of the sling. She completely lost it anytime they touched her!
Here is the final product. Her little dinosaur sling was so cute.
She recovered from the whole experience and was still just a crazy little girl by the end of the night. She was running around like a mad woman and acting like nothing had ever happened.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Poor Alayna :(
Posted by
The Buckley's
at
9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
poor thing!
You forgot to tell the part when her Dad almost started crying and ran around with his head cut off and asked if we should call 911. Than he got mad at you for trying to change her diaper, "waiting it out" etc... I knew I should have called the paramedics :)
That dad of hers sure loves her!!! The boys better watch out when she's ready to date! I love the final product picture - sad but cute at the same time.
Post a Comment