We were super lucky to go to Cozumel, Mexico at the end of February. We went with TJ's family and we had a blast. It was so relaxing and I got to spend time with TJ with out kids!!!!! I always fall so in love with him when we do things like this. We stayed at an all inclusive resort which was heaven on earth.It's the only way to go!! Here is our cute little room. We loved our room. It was so tropical feeling ;)
Sending our kids some love on the computer!!!
The view from our resort. It was so AMAZING!!
This is such a classic picture of TJ. I think I have a picture of him like this every time we go to Mexico. Pretty Sexy!!!!
At our resort they have these sail boats that you can take out by yourself. They had 2 of them so we took both of them and all went out for some fun. I was super nervous but it ended up being really fun. This is what they looked like. This is TJ and his dad on it. We made them go out first to figure it out before we all braved it.
Kirsten(tj's sister) and bruce(tj's bro in law) were on our boat with us.
TJ really wanted to see what was under the water that far out so this is what my DORKY husband did. At least he's good for a laugh huh?
I don't know what gets into him on these trips but he's pretty funny.
This is a view of our resort from the sail boat. It was really pretty.
Tyson(tj's bro), Shelley(tj's mom), Mykin(tj's sis), and Alan(tj's bro in law) were all on the other boat.
When we were trying to find our resort we drove past this amazing beach. It was seriously beautiful!!!! The waves were huge and we found a cool blow hole. So we decided to go back to it a couple days later. We had so much fun playing at that beach.
All of the guys. From left to right: TJ, Alan(bro in law), Gaylen(tj's dad), Bruce(bro in law), Tyson(tj's brother)
The whole group minus Gaylen
This is Gaylen. He thinks he is the funniest thing!!! ha ha. The water coming out of the blow hole was SO forceful. It was so funny to watch all of the guys playing in it.
Good ol TJ!
We sent our kids an email almost everyday with some pictures to show them what we were doing. Here is one of the pictures we sent them. We missed them a lot!!!!!
We went into town to go find some Vanilla and souvenirs for our kids. It was a really cute town with lots of shopping.
Ok so I HATE snorkeling. Hate is even an understatement. But every time we go to Mexico TJ makes me try it again. So here I am attempting to be a good sport.
Goofy...i know but its kind of funny.
The pretty view of the sunset we had every night.
This is one of the restaurants at the resort. It was called Roberto's and you had to have reservations every night and you had to be a little dressed up to go. It was kind of fun. We were just waiting for our tables to be ready.
Bruce and Kirsten sat at our table with us. It was a really fun night. I think we laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt for days.
I did a lot of this...ahhhh. I wish I was still there.
TJ got sick of just laying out so he took the little sail boat out by himself. He didn't weigh enough to hold it down and it kept flipping on him. ha ha. I was so mad the first time it happened because if the little mexicans have to come rescue you it costs money. But he was able to flip it back up and he just kept on going.
This was our game table every night. We would go sit out here and play our favorite card games until we were falling over because we were so sleepy. It was right by the bar so we could get our fun drinks (virgin of course) and listen to the music. You can't see very well by this picture but there are big pillar candles all the way around this area and it's right next to a really pretty pool and by the ocean so it was super dreamy!
One of the nights that we were playing games we got a little out of hand and teased Shelley (tj's mom) a little to much. She went back to her room before us and we thought we hurt her feeling so we thought we better go say sorry because we didn't want a guilt trip the next day. So here is everyone doing the Walk Of Shame to Shelley's room. Ha ha!
At our resort the "party/activity" pool had this sign. It's kind of hard to see in this picture but it says "Topless Optional" on the bottom. The guys thought this was a funny picture to have by it....
My one wish while we were there was to go Zip lining. I have wanted to go for as long as I could remember so we investigated all the places to go there and decided on a park named Explor. It had jeeps to take in the jungle, swimming in caves, rafting in caves, zip lines, and your food for the day was included. Awesome!!!!!!!! So we loaded up at 7 in the morning and to a ferry to where we needed to meet our guide and we were off for the best day EVER!!!!!
Br
This was the gang on the ferry.
This is right in the entrance to the park Explor. If you blow up this picture you can see the zip line with a person hitting the water. When we walked in and saw that I almost died with excitment!!! I really couldn't wait!
One of the activities here was to take a jeep throught the jungle. We thought it would be some short little dorky ride but it was aweosme. It took us almost 20 minutes to get through the whole ride and we went through caves where we had to turn on lights and over bridges. It was way cool.
Here is the top of the park. If you look close you can see the zip lines up above that go to the towers. There were 2 courses of zip lines and in each course there was 13 lines. Our highest line was about 70- 80 feet up and it was crazy. You have to hook on and climb out on this little ledge and then you just fly off. Some of them you had to go with another person so that you didn't get stuck in the middle of the line because if you didn't have enought weight on it you couldn't make it. It was so much fun and way better than I thought it could ever be. I would do anything to go back and do it again!!!!!
This is Mykin (tj's sister) and her husband Alan. They were behind us in the jeeps.
We saw a lot of these lizards in the trees while we were on the jeeps. Braxton thinks they are so cool.
Im being so brave putting this picture up but I wanted a picture of TJ and I by the heart with the name of the park. Eeeek!
I'm lookin HOT!! ha ha. I just wanted to take a picture of our sexy helmets that we wore for the whole day. At Xplor they have cameras everywhere taking pictures of you and then when your walking around they have screens with the pictures on them that they took. Well these helmets have a micro chip in them so that everytime you walk by a screen it can tell that it's you and it automatically pulls up all of your pictures. It was super cool!

10 comments:
I love your blog!! Looks like it was an amazing trip, makes me want to go to Mexico!!:) It is always fun to go on a vacation once in a while without the kids and have some adult time!!:)
Wow...That looks like so much fun!!! So happy to finally see pictures! I might be on the same track as you with my trip to florida...an update in 2 months...haha-My internet sukcs so bad right now!!!It's killing me. We laughed so hard at TJ's head in the water on the boat-what a dork! Jake and I are wishing so bad for some of these adventures...not so much the boat-I would be too nervous, oh and that bridge...did you have to drive over it-I would die! haha. Fun post-thanks for sharing!
You are so pretty! In all the pictures! How do you go to Mexico so much? Makes me ish we could go! We never have even been on a honeymoon.
I love it! It looks so so fun. That bridge is a little too much excitment for me though. i would die. Good post.
Fun blog! So when are we all going so you can be our host?!
So fun! TJ's face in the water makes me laugh! Even funnier when you know the boat is moving really fast while he's doing that! And the walk of shame . . . hilarious!
oh man that trip looked like a blast! I love how goofy the buckley boys get on those kind of vacations...we need to get Trevor on one soon. I laughed so hard at the pics of TJ. Too fun Kimmy! And you look so good...i see those boot camps have you turned into one hot momma!:) You really do look so good. Thanks for sharing this...I'll have to check it more often.
Btw...this is Chari. Not sure why it's assigning my name as Weddings Unique....probably connecting to my email address somehow which I still haven't updated.
love ya
Kimmy!! What a fun fun trip!! What memories!! Do you know the name of the resort? Heres to hoping that we can do something fun like that!! Thanks for sharing!
What a fantastic vacation!! I can't believe you hate to snorkel-- at least you keep trying. And you really drove across that bridge?! Yikes!
Post a Comment