We went up to midway for a weekend getaway this last week with my family. We stayed at my aunts cabin and it was so nice to have a break. It was so pretty up there and we had so much fun. We stayed up late playing games every night, went fishing and hiking, shooting bb guns and air soft guns, and stuffed our bellys full of junk food.
This was hanging out around the fire making smores and roasting some mallows. Look at those cool cats!!!
Does grammy look a little overwhelmed? Not at all!!!! ha ha!
These three slept so good all snuggled up like sardines in their bed.
Grammy brought these plain hats up and fabric markers for the kids to decorate their own hats. They LOVED them. They were pretty "special" and that's why I loved seeing the kids wear them.
There was a perfect fishing pond right at the bottom of the canyon so we headed out on Saturday afternoon to go see what we could catch. Here they are getting their bait all ready.
Grammy had an extra hat so Lauryn made it her fishing hat. HILARIOUS! She loved it.
Lauryn and Lincoln were the 2 winners. They were so cute.
Braxton showed me his fishing face.
This is how my family rolls. Jani is terrorizing Nikki with her fishing pole. It had a worm and some seaweed hanging on it. Don't worry, the 3 other families there didn't see them running around screaming...
This is Will. He is CRAZY. This is the face he gave me when I told him I wanted to see his best smile. I LOVE this boy.
Lauryn has a book report due on the 22nd and she is reading Way Side School is Falling Down. She had to read almost 200 pages in a couple of weeks so she had lots of reading time up at the cabin. Thanks to everyone reading with her, she was able to finish it. Yay!!!
| Grammy spent lots of time reading to the kiddos too. They sure get spoiled when they are with her. |
| TJ was smart and brought up some letters he needed to mail off. He put Calli right to work and I was so glad that I didn't have to do it:) |
| Ohhhh how I love ticket to ride. Like I said, we played lots of games up there. |
Braxton was loving the guns. He asked TJ all day long if they could shoot some more targets. He was pretty good at it too. On the last day TJ made targets for all of the kids and set them up so everyone could the BB gun and airsoft gun.
And this is why I love this child.....
Cyndi and Don have put up all of these cute bird houses out everywhere. I wish I would have taken more pictures of them. One day Braxton took a note pad and went around and drew picture of all of the bird houses.
Ha ha . I love her!
We took the kids to a park one day so that Lauryn could have a softball lesson from Jani. She is going to start up lessons once a week with her. She did pretty good.
Everyone loves a good game of twister right? Sorry about the G's coming out!
Thanks Mom and John for setting up this trip. I was a good break and we had a blast with everyone.

2 comments:
Yeah! So many pictures! I am so impressed! You r kids are pretty good at doing their gangstas! The fire looks fun-I never saw what it looked like up their because it was covered in snow the time I went! You should tell lauryn the story about when hadley ate the dirt out of the worm bowl at walmart.she would be compleatly disgusted at that! The lake looks so pretty with the pretty mountains in the background! Fun shooting guns...and yes, you should have taken more pics of the bird houses-how cute are those!
I loved this trip! We had so much fun! Good post!
Post a Comment