I was lucky enough to head out for a week to see my sister Missy and her family in Alabama. Her husband is in the Military flight school to fly helicopters. Pretty cool huh? We like to make him think he's cool.
When I flew in Missy and her cute kids picked me up from the airport. As we were driving home she showed me the cotton fields. I have always wondered how people caught enough cotton off of the trees to make anything. ha ha, I know i'm stupid! This makes a lot more sense. Look at those cotton balls!I had to pick one off to take home to show my kids.
This is Hadley. She is silly...just like her parents. Missy ran into a store and we just took crazy pictures the whole time.
I didn't think Alabama would look like this. It is beautiful! I loved all of the tall trees and the woods were so dense on both sides.
I loved seeing what their life is like out there. Hadley getting on the bus to ride around the corner to her school. Ha ha.
This is Jakes new helmet. We had a little bit of fun with it. It sure is heavy and costs lots of $$!
We went for a fun night out miniature golfing. I won!!!! Yeah baby!This is what you get Missy! If your going to do things like this to my pictures, i'm going to use them!!!
Me and her cute kids. This is Hadley and Browen and then she has one more, Crosby but he was in his stroller I guess.
The next day we planned to go to Seaside Florida but there was a tropical storm coming and we were under tornado watches. Missy and I decided to leave the kids and her husband home and go for an adventure whether or not there was tornados coming to get us (I don't know what got into me. I'm terrified of things like that!)
Here we are driving into the storm. At this point we were wondering if we made the right decision. Eeeek!But when we got there it was dreamy!!! It was raining super hard here and there but I was so happy I got to go shop, eat, check out the beach, and see the cutest town in the world!!! It was amazing!!!
I put this picture on here because I guess the water is usually like glass. They don't have waves there but because of the storm this is what it was like.
So I took this from Missys blog because I guess this is usually how it is. Crazy!!
After Seaside we drove a little bit farther to this town called Seacrest. It was so much fun. It was like a little European town.
Oops this posted out of order. After we walked along the beach we went into this cute restaurant on the beach and had a yummy lunch right as another downpour came. It was so cute and I just felt like I was in a movie the whole time.On my last day we hit up the museum so jake could show me his helicopter. It is the Chinook helicopter. It is HUGE! See he tortured me most of the time I was there.
Hadley and I were great pilots!
I couldn't do a whole post without any pictures of the cute Crosby! I know you can't really see him but I didn't have any other ones. This picture also explains what missy's family is like. They keep me laughing.
And this is what I left to. Little miss Hadley was bawling her eyes out. It was so sad but it made me feel great!! I love them!!! Thanks for the fun trip!!!
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
ALABAMA
Posted by
The Buckley's
at
9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I wasn't even worried about you girls going to Seaside in the "rain" until I saw the picture of you driving into the storm! That looked scarier than what was explained to me! I'm glad you are both still alive!!!
Ahhh, so glad that alabama made it on your blog! Way to go Kimmy:)
Ah, Im so jealous that you got to go to the museum. It was closed when we went. Blast. Looks like so much fun. Wish we could have gone together.
I love the pictures at the beach!! What a fun trip:)
Your parents have the best looking kids! You and your sister are so pretty! You are always so fashionable, cute and skinny! Looks like you had fun!
I loved seeing your blog too!
Post a Comment